Pages Manager Gets a facelift
We've just released a new version of iJoomla SEO, version 2.0.20, in this new version we introduce a brand new look to the pages manager. This is mainly a cosmetic change that allows you to see clearly with different colors which meta tags you've optimized each page for, and how many times the target keywords show on the page, pages that don't containt the target keywords get a red 0 to indicate this problem clearly.
This new feature gives you a much easier way to monitor and do your On Page Optimization.
On this new version we also start using different terms for our managers:
- "Metatags" is now "Manage Metatags"
- "Keywords" is now "Track Keywords"
- "Pages" is now "Optimize Pages"
This makes it easier to know what each feature helps you do.
But back to Optimize Pages feature. In case you haven't used this feature before here's how it works:
- First you must choose the keywords source on the settings. I recommend using the keywords meta tags as your source. Then these keywords will be used to on both the Track Keywords and on the Optimize Pages feature. Go to settings ->Keywords and choose your source there.
- Now go to Managers -> Optimize Pages and choose which category you'd like to work on
- You will see a list of all the articles in this category, their title and meta tags and also how many times the target keywords show up inside the article. If you see lots of red 0, that means you've got some work to do.
- Click the Edit link next to each article to open a modal window with the mete tags and the content of this article. Make sure you add the target keywords at least 2-3 times.
One you don't see any red zeros you know you're in pretty good shape!
- Keep it readable! Make sure that what you write is still readable, remember, humans will be reading it and they'd need to understand what you write.
- Don't Spam! 2-3 times for each keywords is all you need.